Our Subcontractor eCommerce Programme
Osborne is embarking upon an exciting new Subcontractor eCommerce Programme to automate the submission, distribution, and approval of our subcontractors Applications for Payment. Our aim is to improve our approval process efficiency and provide our subcontractors with increased visibility of where their Applications for Payment are in the Approval-to-Payment process.
Osborne is implementing the WebContractor Subcontract eCommerce Web Service that enables our subcontractors to submit their Applications for Payment electronically in a quick and efficient way through a web based service that is available on a 24/7 basis. WebContractor improves the subcontractor’s visibility and management oversight of their Application for Payment as it passes through the various stages within the Approval-to-Payment process; by providing process update notifications such as a Confirmation Receipt when the Application for Payment has been received and an Approval Notification once the Application for Payment has been approved for payment.
A key component of our Subcontract eCommerce initiative is to improve our relationship with our Subcontractors by improving and standardising the way we administer Applications for Payment and by reducing the amount of effort required to get an Application for Payment through the Approval-to-Payment process.
In conjunction with our eCommerce partner Open ECX, we will shortly commence the implementation of WebContractor Subcontract eCommerce Web Service that will enable authorised subcontractor personnel [Project or central function staff] to register and upload Applications for Payment directly into Osborne’s back office applications.
Regularising our Application for Payment process will increase efficiency, improve process reliability and process quality and lead to a significant reduction in Application for Payment queries, which in turn will drive improvement in our on-time payment performance.
This pack sets out in more detail how the eCommerce solution works, and how we intend to manage the implementation and subcontractor onboarding process. We look forward to working with you as the implementation process unfolds and we welcome your involvement in ensuring that this contributes to a more efficient way of working together.
Firstly, Osborne would like to say thank you for your ongoing support to our business and would like to invite you to participate in our Subcontract focused eCommerce programme.
The Subcontract eCommerce programme is operated through our partners, Adaptris ECX, and is focused on improving the efficiency and timeliness of the submission, clearing and payment of your Applications for Payment [AfP]. The eCommerce programme is managed through the Adaptris ECX web service WebContractor and provides immediate real-time information on each and every Application for Payment that has been submitted; where it is in the approval process and immediate and detailed feedback when issues or queries arise.
WebContractor provides the Subcontractor with simple and easy-to-use online tools to upload and register their Applications for Payment on a 24/7 basis; and provides immediate feedback that builds absolute confidence that their Application for Payment has been received and registered and that the appropriate QS has been notified. There will be no excuses that Applications for Payment have been lost, misplaced, or otherwise; they will always be available online to drive the approval and payment process.
Benefits can be measured directly by your project personnel; through:
- improved oversight and control with notifications that an Application for Payment is due/overdue
- time savings through a simple and straightforward process for uploading and registering Applications for Payment
- increased delivery confidence through immediate feedback confirming that the Application for Payment has been registered and the appropriate QS has been notified
- increased visibility of the approval for payment process through notification when the Application for Payment has been approved or when no approval has been given by the time the Payment Notice Date has lapsed
- reduced delays that might affect payment through an improved and regularized notification process for highlighting and tracking Applications for Payment with issues and/or queries
- improving subcontractor cashflow by driving out process inefficiencies and process bottlenecks, ensuring that each and every payment is made within contract terms and within both the spirit and letter of the updated Construction Act [Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 and as amended for England and Wales on 1 October 2011 and in Scotland on 1 November 2011]