Barratt has been participating in an electronic invoicing initiative for a number of years. We have now moved into an exciting new stage of the project to further expand the penetration of integrated e- commerce across our Supply Chain.
The latest phase of the e-commerce initiative is designed to integrate our key strategic suppliers into our back office process. This will be done through the use of ‘Electronic Product Catalogues’. This service will streamline the order raising and invoice matching processes with Barratt – meaning that as Key suppliers you will receive electronic orders with correct order and price information. As part of this project we will also be sending to you an electronic purchase order – to be integrated into your own system and receiving from you an electronic invoice.
Firstly, Barratt would like to say thank you for your support and as a key strategic supplier would like to invite you to participate in the latest phase of our e-commerce project.
The e-procurement system is supplied through our partners, Adaptris ECX’s e-Catalogue Centre (AeCC). This is a web based tool that drives transaction efficiencies which can then be sent to you at the click of a button.
The ECX e-catalogue Centre provides further savings in time and cost by reducing product selection errors and price corrections. Benefits can be measured through operational performance, supplier cost-to-serve and potentially closer supplier-buyer relationships.
Aims of the Project
- Fast and efficient electronic order processing.
- Streamline the order raising and automating the invoice matching process within Barratt.
- Enhance and optimise product data and promotional opportunities.
- Enhanced relationship between Barratt and our core strategic suppliers.
- Full integration with Barratt via an endorsed marketing channel.
Benefits to you, as our supplier
- Increase visibility and grow sales.
- Quick release of new product and price information.
- Accurate orders in real time.
- Reducing invoice matching delays.
- Fewer goods returned.
- Better customer experience-quality of content and search.